With the almighty music and film festival South By South West just around the corner, I’m sure you’ll be loaded up with more free shit than you could possibly want. I thought you could use a DIY to help you utilize something I see get handed out a lot. I got this nifty little tote bag from the SXSW Artery Showdown last year at Red7.
Because I am a ‘typical’ girl, I have waayyy too many purses and bags to begin with so I’m chopping up this one to make some patches! 90’s grunge Double Down Denim style is back with a vengeance so why the hell not style your jean jacket with patches, buttons, and other crap?
- Cut around stitching to separate bag into two pieces.
- Cut out band name(s) you want to add as patches (I choose Vanna and A Lot Like Birds for my vest and I gave the Attila one to my friend).
- Since the bag is made of recycled nylon, you cannot simply iron on the pieces because THEY WILL MELT. So this is where you’ll need a crafty friend (or mother in my case, thanks mum).
- Sew on pieces to desired area and bam, kewl new patches to show off at the next show!
I do have the following leftover if you’re interested in having one!
- Artery Foundation
- Asking Alexandria
- A Skylit Drive
- Motionless In White
- Chelsea Grin
- Chunk! No Captain Chunk!
- For The Fallen Dreams
- Abandon All Talent (I mean Ships, oh vey!)
- The Crimson Armada
- Casino Madrid
I recently went to the Every Time I Die tour that Vanna is on and Davey (Lead Vocals) and Joel (Guitar/Vocals) recognized and loved my patch from the social media networks I posted on! Talk about a super fangirl moment!